Think Windows Azure is just about .NET? Think again! Windows Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage apps and services across a global network of managed datacenters. PHP? Sure! Python? You bet! Node? Absolutely! Java? Why not! Ruby? Of course! Registration is free and space is limited, so be sure to register quickly.
Windows Azure Full-Day Bootcamp
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 — 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Take your mobile apps to the next level with Windows Azure Mobile Services, Media Services, Cloud Services, SQL Database, Active Directory and more – this full-day, interactive bootcamp includes hands-on labs mixed with presentations from Microsoft developers and experts to help you understand and unleash the full power of Windows Azure.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Bring your own laptop
- Windows Azure account (free trial accounts will be given)
- Build a Windows Azure web site, cloud service and mobile service
- Connect your app to relational and non-relational storage
- Integrate authentication to connect to Facebook, Twitter, Active Directory, etc.
- Learn about advanced capabilities, such as media, big data, workflows and messaging
- Windows Azure Overview (9:00am – 9:30am)
Need to get in on the ground floor? This introduction provides an overview of Windows Azure. After this presentation you will understand the key concepts and how to get started using Windows Azure.
- Building Connected Apps with Windows Azure Mobile Services (9:30am – 10:30am)
The best mobile apps are connected to the cloud, so let’s dive right in. You will see how quick and easy it is to use Windows Azure Mobile Services to add structured storage, integrated authentication and even push notifications to your mobile app in minutes, even with no previous knowledge of Windows Azure.
- Windows Azure Web Sites (10:45am – 11:15am)
Now you’ve built your first mobile service, this session will show you how Windows Azure Web Sites lets you rapidly build and deploy full web applications using your favorite languages, frameworks, and tools.
- Windows Azure Virtual Machines (11:15am – 12:00pm)
Need something beefier than a web site? Did you know that Windows Azure has a full set of Infrastructure-as-a-Service capabilities to host or create Windows Server and Linux virtual machines? This session will show you how quickly you can get a VM up-and-running and you’ll learn how Windows Azure Virtual Network lets you securely extend your on-premises infrastructure to the cloud.
- Windows Azure Storage (1:00pm – 2:00pm)
What about data? This presentation covers how to use the Windows Azure non-relational storage services, including blobs, tables, queues, drives. You will also learn about how the Windows Azure CDN can deliver global availability.
- Windows Azure Cloud Services (2:15pm – 3:15pm)
And now for something completely PaaS. This session introduces Windows Azure Cloud Services and shows how to use native Platform-as-a-Service development concepts such as roles, instances and configuration.
- Windows Azure SQL Database (3:30pm – 5:00pm)
In this final session, you’ll learn how Windows Azure SQL Database can provide developers with the same powerful relational SQL Server capabilities they know, right in the cloud.